Edward Potter
Edward Potter  Identity Verified
España
Local time: 23:36
Miembro 2003
español al inglés
+ ...
Jun 21, 2006

I am trying paste whole paragraphs into my targe segments using WordFast but the gray background color is lost when I do the pasting.

Is this a problem? I am concerned about whether it might corrupt the WordFast formatting codes. Can anyone give me some insight into this?

Valentin Alupoaie
Valentin Alupoaie  Identity Verified
Rumania
Local time: 00:36
inglés al rumano
+ ...
Mind the cursor Jun 21, 2006

Hi, Edward !

Perhaps you are pasting over the cariage return code in the target segment. I remember experiencing something similar: I accidentally selected the invisible 'Enter' sign before pasting and the grey background disappeared. Anyway, it must have something to do with the Enters in your paragraphs... I don't know if this corrupts anything, I didn't want to find out.

HTH

[Editat la 2006-06
... See more
Hi, Edward !

Perhaps you are pasting over the cariage return code in the target segment. I remember experiencing something similar: I accidentally selected the invisible 'Enter' sign before pasting and the grey background disappeared. Anyway, it must have something to do with the Enters in your paragraphs... I don't know if this corrupts anything, I didn't want to find out.

HTH

[Editat la 2006-06-21 23:10]
Collapse

sylvie malich (X)
sylvie malich (X)
Alemania
alemán al inglés
workaround Jun 22, 2006

I run into this all the time. Just mark the paragraph up to the period. Paste. Add period.
Voila!

Daniel Bird
Daniel Bird  Identity Verified
Reino Unido
Local time: 22:36
alemán al inglés
Workaround 2 Jun 22, 2006

Type some character in the target field (e.g. first character of your paste text) then copy/paste the rest of the text. Similar workaround to Sylvie's but from a different angle.
BTW I have found that in most situations, losing the background highlight does not cause a problem later with either Alt-Down or clean-up provided the pasting op does not interfere with the segment codes
Good luck
DB

Edward Potter
Edward Potter  Identity Verified
España
Miembro 2003
español al inglés
+ ...
PERSONA QUE INICIÓ LA HEBRA
It turned out not to be a problem Jun 22, 2006

Thanks to everyone for the advice.

Yes, the background color changes when pasting but everything is pasted within the proper markers. When I exit the segment and come back, everything looks fine.

On some segments it looks like I have to leave either the first or last character in as I past and then delete it.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Pasting large amounts of text into WordFast target fields

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »