Vanessa Klint
Vanessa Klint  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 10:34
Member (2022)
Swedish to Spanish
+ ...
Apr 8, 2022

I´ve been working as a translator for several years and have just been offered a freelance job as copywriter in Spanish. The job would involve creating product descriptions for e-commerce. The client is asking for an hourly rate, but I'm not sure how much to ask for. From what I'm gathering, copywriting is obviously more expensive than translation because of the creative work involved. I have found fees for Swedish and German, for example (around 50€-150€ an hour). What I haven´t found yet... See more
I´ve been working as a translator for several years and have just been offered a freelance job as copywriter in Spanish. The job would involve creating product descriptions for e-commerce. The client is asking for an hourly rate, but I'm not sure how much to ask for. From what I'm gathering, copywriting is obviously more expensive than translation because of the creative work involved. I have found fees for Swedish and German, for example (around 50€-150€ an hour). What I haven´t found yet are fees for Spanish copywriting. If there is someone here who has experience in this matter and can give me some advice, I would really appreciate it.Collapse

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 09:34
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
@Vanessa Apr 9, 2022

I suggest you post this question on the Spanish forum. That's probably the best place...

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 09:34
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
@Vanessa Apr 9, 2022

Sorry! In the meanwhile I've seen that you did...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Rates for Spanish copywriting

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »