Juan Jacob
Juan Jacob  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 00:31
French to Spanish
+ ...
May 22, 2008

Hi all.
I've got quite a lot... is it possible to backup somewhere them in case of computer heart attack?
I yes, how, of course?
Thanks in advance.

Juan.

Leonardo La Malfa
Leonardo La Malfa  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 08:31
English to Italian
+ ...
This one works for me May 22, 2008

Hi Juan,

I don't know if this applies to your OS (I use WinXP), but this is how I did it when (unfortunately) I needed to: I simply click on my HD (or main partition with OS), then go to "Documents and Settings", then click on the folder with my name (i.e. the one with which you log in), I click on the yellow star just to check whether it is containing all the folders with the precious links I want to back up, and, if it is, I simply copy/paste it into my external HD. I know it does
... See more
Hi Juan,

I don't know if this applies to your OS (I use WinXP), but this is how I did it when (unfortunately) I needed to: I simply click on my HD (or main partition with OS), then go to "Documents and Settings", then click on the folder with my name (i.e. the one with which you log in), I click on the yellow star just to check whether it is containing all the folders with the precious links I want to back up, and, if it is, I simply copy/paste it into my external HD. I know it doesn't sound very professional, but it is just as effective.

P.S. Oh, I was referring to my Favorites in Internet Explorer.

[Edited at 2008-05-22 22:55]
Collapse

Marina Soldati
Marina Soldati  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 03:31
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Which browser? May 22, 2008

Hi Juan,

Are you talking about the Favorites in your browser.
If you have Firefox, go to Bookmarks, Administer bookmarks (or something similar, mine´s in Spanish), then File > Export and the browser saves a file with all your favorites, which you can copy to a CD, for example.
If something goes wrong with your browser, just reverse the process: File > Import.
Regards,
Marina

Juan Jacob
Juan Jacob  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 00:31
French to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Ashamed. May 23, 2008

Hi, Marina.
And thanks, Leonardo... gee, so simple! Of course, there's the yellow star with all my favorites. It's done. [Why don't you consider it professional?]
See ya.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How can I backup my favorites?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »