Word count - compteur des mots - program ou outil pour le faire
Thread poster: TradProServices
TradProServices
TradProServices
French to Spanish
Oct 22, 2007

Hi collegues,

I need to quote or faire un devis for a website translation but this time client has not the word amount so I need to know fuzzy matches, repeated word and total words in order to send my proposal to the client.

I don't have idea of how do it. Do you have an idea of a program which can do it?

This is a website so there are a lot of subdivisions, etc and it makes more difficult to count words.

I have a collegue who sent me catscr
... See more
Hi collegues,

I need to quote or faire un devis for a website translation but this time client has not the word amount so I need to know fuzzy matches, repeated word and total words in order to send my proposal to the client.

I don't have idea of how do it. Do you have an idea of a program which can do it?

This is a website so there are a lot of subdivisions, etc and it makes more difficult to count words.

I have a collegue who sent me catscrable but I don't know how use it and I don't found the tool to count and identify fuzzy or repeated words.

Please help me I need to send my quote as soon as possible.

Kind regards,

TradProServices
Collapse

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 00:02
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
How to quote for web site translation Oct 23, 2007

TradProServices wrote:

The client should send you the web site pages that he wants you to translate. You can then write a quote based on those pages. If the client doesn't want to or can't send you the files, how are you supposed to quote for it...?

Jan Sundström
Jan Sundström  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 00:02
English to Swedish
+ ...
You need software to download the site! Oct 31, 2007

Hi Trad,

Sam is right, any serious client would make sure that the pages are downloaded, so that you have a static material to count, not a dynamic web site.

This problem has been much discussed here on Proz before.
If you're dead set on downloading the pages yourself, use a smart software like WinHTTtrack.

Read here about how to use it, and other opini
... See more
Hi Trad,

Sam is right, any serious client would make sure that the pages are downloaded, so that you have a static material to count, not a dynamic web site.

This problem has been much discussed here on Proz before.
If you're dead set on downloading the pages yourself, use a smart software like WinHTTtrack.

Read here about how to use it, and other opinions:
http://www.proz.com/topic/82900

/Jan
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Word count - compteur des mots - program ou outil pour le faire

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »