John Fossey
John Fossey  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 11:24
Member (2008)
French to English
+ ...
Nov 29, 2023

I am working on a large Word document (.docx) in MemoQ. I need to see the resulting target document in the View Pane (HTML) as I work, but it's blank. Nothing I have tried has worked to get anything to show in the View Pane. The View Pane works with other Word documents, so it seems to be something to do with the document. Any ideas?

Marina Aleyeva
Marina Aleyeva  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 18:24
Member (2006)
English to Russian
+ ...
Third-party .mqxlz? Nov 29, 2023

You say you are working on a .docx, but did you import it directly or are you using an .mqxlz provided by the client? If it's a third-party .mqxlz then the preview functionality may not work - for example, if the client decided to split the document between you and other translators, so your .mqxlz is a portion of a larger file.

John Fossey
John Fossey  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 11:24
Member (2008)
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
docx Nov 29, 2023

No, I am working directly on the docx Word document.

Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:24
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
HTML Preview tab Nov 29, 2023

Silly perhaps, but have you made sure it is in "HTML Preview" mode by clicking the relevant tab?

2023-11-29_21-36-15

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Nothing displayed in MemoQ View pane

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »