I need help to start a Mahnverfahren - anyone here has done this?
Thread poster: Isabel Cisneiros
Isabel Cisneiros
Isabel Cisneiros
Portugal
Local time: 11:28
English to Portuguese
+ ...
May 30, 2023

Dear German colleagues:

I need to start a Mahnverfahren process against a well-known german company.

Can one of you help me doing this, please?

The company unexpectedly didn't pay me on the due date, and after I complained, they produced a new PO with ZERO (0,00 €) euros, sent me an email saying they were not sure if I was a person (!!!) because they couldn't verify my identity on the phone (never happened to me in 31 years!!! and was never a requisite) a
... See more
Dear German colleagues:

I need to start a Mahnverfahren process against a well-known german company.

Can one of you help me doing this, please?

The company unexpectedly didn't pay me on the due date, and after I complained, they produced a new PO with ZERO (0,00 €) euros, sent me an email saying they were not sure if I was a person (!!!) because they couldn't verify my identity on the phone (never happened to me in 31 years!!! and was never a requisite) and after I wrote them that I had every communication and doc, also from their platform, Print Screened and sent to Prozcom, they blocked my access to their platform.

Thanks in advance !
Collapse

Blandina Broesicke
Blandina Broesicke  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 12:28
Member (2006)
Chinese to German
+ ...
Try Small Claims Procedure May 31, 2023

Dear Isabel,

I assume that you don't live in Germany and that your claim is therefore a cross-border claim.

If the company owes you less than 5000 Euro you could try the small claims procedure:

https://e-justice.europa.eu/content_small_claims-42-en.do

You could still try a Mahnverfahren, but without knowing any German this is r
... See more
Dear Isabel,

I assume that you don't live in Germany and that your claim is therefore a cross-border claim.

If the company owes you less than 5000 Euro you could try the small claims procedure:

https://e-justice.europa.eu/content_small_claims-42-en.do

You could still try a Mahnverfahren, but without knowing any German this is really burdensome. The relevant authority would be the Amtsgericht Berlin-Wedding.
Collapse

Chris Spurgin
Chris Spurgin  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:28
Member (2016)
Russian to English
+ ...
Best of luck May 31, 2023

Best of luck, Isabel

Lina Lopes Monteiro
Lina Lopes Monteiro  Identity Verified
Member (2012)
Portuguese to German
+ ...
Try a formal letter via snail mail Jun 1, 2023

Hi Isabel,

I'm somewhat shocked by this. Unbelievable!

I can offer you to send them an "Einschreiben" with a threat of lawyer costs, maybe this will get them moving.

Best wishes,
Lina

Marie-France Phaneuf
Marie-France Phaneuf  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2022)
English to French
+ ...
Inkasso Jun 11, 2023

Hello,

look for an Inkasso Firma or Inkassounternehmen on Internet. They are the ones who do this and try to collect your money for you.

Best of Chance.

Marie-France Phaneuf

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

I need help to start a Mahnverfahren - anyone here has done this?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »