Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 12:26
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Jul 4, 2023

[Following on from this post.]

I see that I can transfer EUR from the Netherlands to EUR into Turkey, but for EUR transfers it only allows cash pickup (at a post office). I can also send USD from e.g. the UK to USD into Turkey, but again it only allows cash picukup. The transaction fee is paid by the sender. Example transaction fees for EUR payments are:

To send EUR 10 = EUR 4 transfer fee
To send EUR 100 = EUR 4 transfer fee
To send EUR 200 = EUR 9 transfer fee
To send EUR 500 = EUR 15 transfer fee
For every EUR 1000 = EUR 15 transfer fee (e.g. EUR 3000 = EUR 45 transfer fee).

I wonder how much the recipient gets (i.e. whether the post office where you pick up the money charges you anything extra to get the EUR 10 that was sent to you).

One can also send TRY into Turkey, but only as airtime top-up, and the maximum TRY amount for airtime top-up is TRY 150, i.e. EUR 5. It's very odd that they would offer this type of payment for this type of amount.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

WorldRemit (e.g. to Turkey)

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »