Thread poster: Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 18:13
SITE FOUNDER
TOPIC STARTER
Response to Joseph Sep 3, 2008

josephmutti wrote:

I think the scholarship is a wonderful way to celebrate someone's life, but why confine its award to college students? There are so many deserving young people unable to afford a university education.

True, and that may not be a strict policy. The thinking was just that Justin was midway through college when he joined the company, that this might go to someone in a similar stage.

Ali Bayraktar
Ali Bayraktar  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Member (2007)
English to Turkish
+ ...
Credit Cards Sep 3, 2008

Hello Henry,

First of all please accept my congratulations on such holy mission.
Is it possible that you put there a Credit Card Payment Option for those who have no PayPal and Moneybookers account and those who are not Proz.com member?

Wish success to the person who will get this scholarship.

M. Ali

[Edited at 2008-09-03 19:12]

Fabio Descalzi
Fabio Descalzi  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 19:13
Member (2004)
German to Spanish
+ ...
Well-deserved Sep 3, 2008

Idea supported.

Yaotl Altan
Yaotl Altan  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 16:13
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Track Sep 3, 2008

M. Ali Bayraktar wrote:

Hello Henry,

First of all please accept my congratulations on such holy mission.
Is it possible that you put there a Credit Card Payment Option for those who have no PayPal and Moneybookers account and those who are not Proz.com member?

Wish success to the person who will get this scholarship.

M. Ali

[Edited at 2008-09-03 19:12]

Yes, and I hope Proz will keep tracking those new values who take full advantage of this opportunity.

congrats!

Rebekka Groß (X)
Rebekka Groß (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:13
English to German
Wonderful idea! Sep 3, 2008

Thank you so much, Henry and the ProZ.com team, for commemorating Justin in this lasting way. I often think of him still.

savaria (X)
savaria (X)
Hungary
Local time: 00:13
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Great idea! Sep 4, 2008

Congratulations to the author of this initiative!
Justin,rest in peace!

Francesca Grandinetti
Francesca Grandinetti
Italy
German to Italian
+ ...
Wonderful Sep 5, 2008

It's an excellent tribute, well done!

Dinny
Dinny  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 01:13
Italian to Danish
+ ...
We could push this a bit? Sep 7, 2008

This is a wonderful initiative to remember Justin. But to see it come true it requires people to make donations... and it seems to be going a bit slow. You know, people seem to forget in a few days what they intended to do but never got around to doing. With ProZ.com of more than 170,000 members we should be able to do more than just... almost 4,000 by now? Could we maybe have a "blinking" reminder on the home page?

xxxLively Wo (X)
xxxLively Wo (X)  Identity Verified
United States
English to Spanish
+ ...
Thanks for your suggestions Sep 10, 2008

Dinny wrote:

This is a wonderful initiative to remember Justin. But to see it come true it requires people to make donations... and it seems to be going a bit slow. You know, people seem to forget in a few days what they intended to do but never got around to doing. With ProZ.com of more than 170,000 members we should be able to do more than just... almost 4,000 by now? Could we maybe have a "blinking" reminder on the home page?

Thanks for the suggestion Dinny. On the top right side of the home page we've added a box with a picture of Justin that links to his bio and the donations page. Hopefully this will help and I'm always looking for creative ways to get the message out, so your suggestions are always appreciated.

Thanks again,
Maggie

Dinny
Dinny  Identity Verified
Greece
Italian to Danish
+ ...
But the box is already gone... Sep 11, 2008

I had to make a search to find it today...

edited!: Sorry, I found the box now, a little bit further down than where it used to be. Thanks!

[Edited at 2008-09-11 08:43]

Dinny
Dinny  Identity Verified
Greece
Italian to Danish
+ ...
Congratulations! Oct 19, 2008

Thanks to the many contributions, we are half way to the goal... just a tiny effort still and we will make it!

Yes, you're right, I just wanted to bring the subject to everybody's attention again.

Dinny

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

SITE LOCALIZER
Dear all Nov 15, 2008

Isn't our large (really large!) community unable to reach the goal?

Natalia

JaneTranslates
JaneTranslates  Identity Verified
Puerto Rico
Spanish to English
+ ...
Time for a push from the site. Nov 15, 2008

Most of us who have commented on this thread have probably already contributed financially. Also, many newer users and members didn't know Justin.

I think it's time for a new announcement from Henry, maybe a letter, emphasizing the purpose of the fund as well as (or even more than) the memorial to Justin. It's a worthy cause (IMHO) and would probably attract more contributers if presented well.

Tina Jylhä
Tina Jylhä  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2005)
English to Finnish
+ ...
Justin Chlebus Memorial Scholarship Jun 29, 2022

Hello, is this program still valid? I have a wonderful talent to recommend that needs support. Kind regards, Tina

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Announcing the Justin Chlebus Memorial Scholarship program

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »