New IE 9
Thread poster: humbird
Feb 15, 2011

Well, I guess there would be better forum on this topic but I don't know. So I'm doing what I'm doing.
If this is not appropriate, please redirect me, so I will repost.
Anyway, here is my reason for posting.
Has anyone downloaded new IE version 9? I did, and I run right into a problem!!
In the new version, all bookmarks I painstakingly collected disappeared, and I know where they are hiding now!
Do anyone of you have same problem? Anyone knows how to restore my book
... See more
Well, I guess there would be better forum on this topic but I don't know. So I'm doing what I'm doing.
If this is not appropriate, please redirect me, so I will repost.
Anyway, here is my reason for posting.
Has anyone downloaded new IE version 9? I did, and I run right into a problem!!
In the new version, all bookmarks I painstakingly collected disappeared, and I know where they are hiding now!
Do anyone of you have same problem? Anyone knows how to restore my bookmarks?
As they say, when it works, don't fix it. How this age old cliche is correct. I'm at loss now. This new version appears even don't have "favorite" category. Or is there?
Please help!
Collapse

Walter Landesman
Walter Landesman  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 06:31
English to Spanish
+ ...
FAQ Feb 16, 2011

Well, first thing to do is read the FAQ carefully.
Then, go to the Help tab and if you don't find the answer to you question, write a support request.

I believe your bookmarks don`t dissappear in the new version, unless there is a glitch. I think IE9 is still in the Beta version, isn`t it?

You might want to uninstall it and go back to your previous version.

[Edited at 2011-02-16 10:21 GMT]

Epameinondas Soufleros
Epameinondas Soufleros  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 12:31
Member (2008)
English to Greek
+ ...
The 'favorites' are there, no problem Feb 16, 2011

In Internet Explorer 9, the 'favorites' (that's how IE calls 'bookmarks') are on the top right of your window, just below the "minimize–maximize–close" buttons. You click on the star icon and there are all your favorites. You can also have your 'favorites bar' displaying, as you could in IE8.

IE9 RC for me is great so far!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

New IE 9

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »