Laurent KRAULAND (X)
Laurent KRAULAND (X)  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 20:43
French to German
+ ...
[OT] OpenOffice (reply) Aug 2, 2009

Yaotl Altan wrote:

I'm working on OpenOffice Writer, and after the installation of TRADOS Workbench, I can't see Trados Buttons in the Writer menu.

Please, help me

[Off-topic mode ON]
Hi Yaotl,
Trados8.dot is, AFAIK, a template exclusive to MS Word, so it is quite normal you don't see any Trados buttons in Writer.

You should be using TagEditor to open and process OpenOffice files.

(Opening interface of TagEditor)

Other possibilities of translating directly in OpenOffice are (free software):
- OmegaT - http://www.omegat.org
- Anaphraseus - http://sourceforge.net/projects/anaphraseus/files/

They both can generate Trados-compatible translation memories in .TMX format.

HTH

Laurent K.
[Off-topic mode OFF]

[Edited at 2009-08-02 09:31 GMT]

Yaotl Altan
Yaotl Altan  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 12:43
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
+ ...
thanx a lot Aug 2, 2009

ScottishWildCat wrote:

Yaotl Altan wrote:

I'm working on OpenOffice Writer, and after the installation of TRADOS Workbench, I can't see Trados Buttons in the Writer menu.

Please, help me

[Off-topic mode ON]
Hi Yaotl,
Trados8.dot is, AFAIK, a template exclusive to MS Word, so it is quite normal you don't see any Trados buttons in Writer.

Oh, thank you for your great, detailed help, my scottishwildcat!!

András Kiss
András Kiss  Identity Verified
Hungary
Local time: 20:43
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Save Trados8.dotm? problem: Word 2007 asks this all the time and hangs while shutting down Dec 9, 2009

Check this out: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/291352

I had a Send to Bluetooth COM add-in in word that caused this problem. I could not even delete this add-in from Word itself because it crashed when I tried. I had to force close Word and rename the corresponding btsendto_office.dllSend to Bluetooth COM add-in in word that caused this problem. I could not even delete this add-in from Word itself because it crashed when I tried. I had to force close Word and rename the corresponding btsendto_office.dll file manually in the WINDOWS\System32 folder. I restarted Word and everything seems to be perfect.

[Módosítva: 2009-12-10 06:25 GMT]
Collapse

tensho
tensho
Japan
You can use Trados8 even in Word2019 without errors Dec 18, 2023

You can use Trados8/Trados 2007 even in Word2019 without errors by modifying Trados8.dotm as follows.

Microsoft seems to have changed something with the Word application, causing some errors when you use Trados8.dotm.
Maybe this is related to macro/dotm handling.
You need to modify Trados8.dotm.

Modify one module in Trados8.dotm as follows.
You move Trados8.dotm in the Word\STARTUP folder to another folder in advance.
You copy Trados8.dotm to yet
... See more
You can use Trados8/Trados 2007 even in Word2019 without errors by modifying Trados8.dotm as follows.

Microsoft seems to have changed something with the Word application, causing some errors when you use Trados8.dotm.
Maybe this is related to macro/dotm handling.
You need to modify Trados8.dotm.

Modify one module in Trados8.dotm as follows.
You move Trados8.dotm in the Word\STARTUP folder to another folder in advance.
You copy Trados8.dotm to yet another folder, edit the copied file, and after editing, save the edited file.
This file should be saved in the Documents\Custom Office Templates folder.
Optionally, you make the file read-only in order to prevent Word from changing the file.
In order to prevent various errors, it seems to be necessary to re-save the file in Word2019.
Finally, you copy back Trados8.dotm that has been edited, to the Word\STARTUP folder.

Modification summary:
File modified: Trados8.dotm
Module modified: AutoExec
Before modification:
If Not TW4WinTemplate.Saved Then
TW4WinTemplate.Save
End If

After modification:
'If Not TW4WinTemplate.Saved Then
' TW4WinTemplate.Save
TW4WinTemplate.Saved = True
'End If

That is, make the above three lines comment lines and add "TW4WinTemplate.Saved = True".

See the following "Document.Saved property (Word)" description:
https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/office/vba/api/word.document.saved

This modification eliminates runtime error 5995 at startup, runtime error 5097 at startup, the message "want to save changes" at exit, and other errors.
I use Trados8.dotm normally thanks to it.

"Access is denied" error and "-{}-" error still remain, but I may provide additional solutions in the future if I have time to do so.
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Save changes in Trados8?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »