Manuela Junghans  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 20:18
Member (2004)
English to German
+ ...
Jul 22, 2022

Hi everyone,

For a few weeks now I have the problem that the search function in Trados Studio 2019 is working miserably both for source and target.

I´d say 80% of the time almost it does not find a single instance of a search term I´m absolutely sure is in the text.

Is it just me or is someone else also experiencing this. For all the years I have used Trados before it worked perfectly and found everything I was searching for.

Many thanks in a
... See more
Hi everyone,

For a few weeks now I have the problem that the search function in Trados Studio 2019 is working miserably both for source and target.

I´d say 80% of the time almost it does not find a single instance of a search term I´m absolutely sure is in the text.

Is it just me or is someone else also experiencing this. For all the years I have used Trados before it worked perfectly and found everything I was searching for.

Many thanks in advance for any input.

Manuela
Collapse

James Plastow
James Plastow  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 19:18
Member (2020)
Japanese to English
filter Jul 22, 2022

Sorry if this is far too obvious but as a workaround I would suggest filtering by the term rather than searching for it.

Manuela Junghans
Germany
Member (2004)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Hi James Jul 22, 2022

Many thanks for your reply.

That might possibly be an option. But that way all the segments not containing the term are hidden, which is not good for seeing the text in its flowing order. For context reasons I´d prefer to see all the segments.

Manuela

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 21:18
English to Russian
Uncheck all boxes Jul 22, 2022

Make sure you look in the current document and no boxes checked that may narrow down the scope of your search.

Dan Lucas
Sebastian Witte
Elena Feriani

James Plastow
James Plastow  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 19:18
Member (2020)
Japanese to English
Word Jul 22, 2022

Manuela Junghans wrote:

Many thanks for your reply.

That might possibly be an option. But that way all the segments not containing the term are hidden, which is not good for seeing the text in its flowing order. For context reasons I´d prefer to see all the segments.

Manuela

Hi Manuela

I would just paste the text into Word. The easiest way is position the cursor at the start of the first segment and press Ctrl+Shift+End to select all the target text. Then copy and paste.

Manuela Junghans
Germany
Member (2004)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Hi Stepan Jul 23, 2022

That seems to have done the trick.

Who knows why somehow by accident I ticked one of those boxes. So simple....I really need a holiday I think

Many thanks

Stepan Konev

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

search function in Trados Studio 2019 barely working these days

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »