Trados exports corrupt files
Thread poster: Rodrigo Reinoso
Rodrigo Reinoso
Rodrigo Reinoso
Chile
Local time: 13:58
English to Spanish
Mar 4

I just finished translating a book on SDL TRADOS 2022 but when I "save the file as" the resulting docx file is corrupted. Microsoft Word can't open the file. I also tried Exporting the destiny files but it has the same issue. Is there something I can do to fix this?

expressisverbis
expressisverbis
Portugal
Local time: 18:58
Member (2015)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Try this please: Mar 4

How to troubleshoot problematic files

https://gateway.sdl.com/apex/communityknowledge?articleName=000001410

Also, try to save your file with an older version, for example, Word 97/2003 (depending on the type of file you have) and populate your translation using your TM.
After that, try to save the file and click on "Finalise" to update
... See more
How to troubleshoot problematic files

https://gateway.sdl.com/apex/communityknowledge?articleName=000001410

Also, try to save your file with an older version, for example, Word 97/2003 (depending on the type of file you have) and populate your translation using your TM.
After that, try to save the file and click on "Finalise" to update your TM and get the source file translated.
Collapse

Stepan Konev

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados exports corrupt files

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »