Thread poster: William A McNab
William A McNab
William A McNab  Identity Verified
New Zealand
Spanish to English
+ ...
Sep 4, 2017

Hi all,
Today I upgraded from WF Pro 5.0 to 5.1 (Windows 10). Previously, I was able to add Word 2016 files with content in large text boxes (first and last pages) without any issues. Now WF won't import the text box content. Any idea how I can fix this?
Thanks
Will

CafeTran Training (X)
CafeTran Training (X)
Netherlands
Local time: 10:21
Import with WFP 5? Sep 5, 2017

William A McNab wrote:

Hi all,
Today I upgraded from WF Pro 5.0 to 5.1 (Windows 10). Previously, I was able to add Word 2016 files with content in large text boxes (first and last pages) without any issues. Now WF won't import the text box content. Any idea how I can fix this?
Thanks
Will

How about importing the document with WFP 5 and translate it in WFP 5.1. Would that be a temporary solution?

Strange indeed, that this is broken. It was announced that 5.1 would be a minor change of 5.0.

William A McNab
New Zealand
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
5.1 replaced 5.0 Sep 5, 2017

CafeTran Training wrote:

How about importing the document with WFP 5 and translate it in WFP 5.1. Would that be a temporary solution?

Strange indeed, that this is broken. It was announced that 5.1 would be a minor change of 5.0.

Thanks for your reply. Version 5.1 replaced my 5.0. I thought of downloading 5.0 again but the only version I found on the WF website was 5.1.

It has only been a day, but I'm also finding 5.1 to be slower (glossary suggestions are taking so long to load that it's faster for me to type them manually; I had this problem with 5.0 at first but got rid of it by tweaking spellcheck preferences) and I've had a few issues with formatting (bold now gets untoggled whenever I type an apostrophe--minor issue but annoyingly frequent)

I'm baffled that the upgrade has been so disruptive. Anyone else having issues?

John Di Rico
John Di Rico  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 10:21
Member (2006)
French to English
Try 5.2 Sep 5, 2017

Hello William,

If you want, you can try installing 5.2. We will be uploading it to our site soon with release notes.
Here is the link: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B_JjtVOA_tb5LXJNbVBYZW1LLVU?usp=sharing

Here are some of the notable Features/Improvements:
- Segment History
- Live preview improvements... See more
Hello William,

If you want, you can try installing 5.2. We will be uploading it to our site soon with release notes.
Here is the link: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B_JjtVOA_tb5LXJNbVBYZW1LLVU?usp=sharing

Here are some of the notable Features/Improvements:
- Segment History
- Live preview improvements
- Added new language-country codes
- Exposing updated file handling under general preferences

Best,
John

PS - The PC version has not yet synced to Google Drive, please give it another 10 minutes from the time of this posting.
Collapse

William A McNab
New Zealand
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Same problems in 5.2 Sep 5, 2017

John Di Rico wrote:

If you want, you can try installing 5.2.

Thanks, John. I've installed 5.2 and unfortunately still have the same problems. I'm in contact with someone from your help team, hopefully will be resolved soon.
Cheers
Will

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

WF 5.1 will not import text box content from Word docs

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »