Matthias Brombach
Matthias Brombach  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 13:49
Member (2007)
Dutch to German
+ ...
What countries are involved? Apr 24, 2023

I take it that you are based in the USA. In what country is your client settled and therefore which jurisdiction is applicable if it came to the worst?

[Bearbeitet am 2023-04-24 20:04 GMT]

Christopher Schröder
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida

Frank van Overveld
Frank van Overveld
Netherlands
English to Dutch
+ ...
Don't accept Apr 28, 2023

Don't accept, kindly reiterate what has been agreed in writing previously and warn them that you will be forced to take legal action if they do not honor their part of the agreement.

[Edited at 2023-04-28 16:24 GMT]

Davide Fezzardi
Davide Fezzardi  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2016)
English to Italian
+ ...
same experience with a France based company Apr 28, 2023

Jacqueline Kieft wrote:

I have worked in November 2022 on a project for a company. I emailed them every week about the payment. They told me that the project was canceled by their client and didn't get paid yet.
hanks to everyone who takes time to respond. [/quote]

This is just to tell you that I had almost the same experience with a translation agency based in France. After several months and reminders, they eventually paid. I like the suggestion, I see in this post thread, of asking directly the customer if indeed they did cancel that project.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Client want's to lower payment by 35% after 5 months

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »