Poll: How do you handle client demands for lower tech-driven rates?
Аўтар тэмы: ProZ.com Staff
ProZ.com Staff
ProZ.com Staff
ПЕРСАНАЛ САЙТА
Sep 1

This forum topic is for the discussion of the poll question "How do you handle client demands for lower tech-driven rates?".

View the poll results »



 
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Партугалія
Local time: 12:00
Член (ад 2007)
англійская → партугальская
+ ...
N/A Sep 1

No need to educate my clients. I reckon they know what my stance would be if they asked me to lower my rates as they have been with me for a long time. That’s probably why it’s never happened. Of course, some have dropped me when I’ve occasionally raised my prices. Recently, two regular clients have started asking for PEMT rather than translation, and both pay by the hour.

Sabrina Ciserchia
Philip Lees
 
Philip Lees
Philip Lees  Identity Verified
Грэцыя
Local time: 14:00
грэчаская → англійская
Never Sep 2

I have never encountered such demands. If I did, I would ignore them.

In fact, any client who "demands" anything is likely to become an ex-client. I do not consider demands to be a part of a professional business relationship.


Li-Hsiang Hsu
Maria Laura Curzi
Daryo
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Мадэратар(ы) гэтага форума
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: How do you handle client demands for lower tech-driven rates?






Pastey
Your smart companion app

Pastey is an innovative desktop application that bridges the gap between human expertise and artificial intelligence. With intuitive keyboard shortcuts, Pastey transforms your source text into AI-powered draft translations.

Find out more »
LinguaCore
AI Translation at Your Fingertips

The underlying LLM technology of LinguaCore offers AI translations of unprecedented quality. Quick and simple. Add a human linguistic review at the end for expert-level quality at a fraction of the cost and time.

More info »